DTDIRL Forums  

Go Back   DTDIRL Forums > General Car Forums > General Car Chat Forums
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 17-05-2012, 10:40 PM

Default Carrick motor auction, Tipperary

http://carrickmotorauction.com

I just came across this auction on saturday!
im wondering has anyone ever bought from these and are they one of the bigger auctions and what are peoples experiences?
do they provide guarantee like, that if buy a car that has a bad clutch and you were not told would you have a comeback?
and finally do cars go for cheaper money than private sale? and are their bargains to be got?

Thanks
Old 17-05-2012, 10:50 PM

going by my own experience i would stay with car auctions...bought a focus a few years ago at 1...car was described as "body + mechanics 100% perfect"

Bought it for in and around what u could get 1 in a private sale..drove it home..with in a week it started goin to shit..clutch gone..hand brake cable gone..all sorts of lights on the dash..brought it to a garage and he basically told me the car shouldnt be on the road and it had a years NCT on it...

Now saying that i know people who have bought perfectly fine cars at em but i'll never be buying 1 from an action again...

if u wanna go bring a mechanic with u (if ur not 1 or dont know what to look for urself) and make sure ur allowed view the car b4 it starts...a few places dont allow viewing so stay away from them